Our BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera shooting kit comes with everything you need.
You can strip it down to it’s cage for those tight shots in cars or keep it fully rigged in studio mode.
This kit comes with a Metabones Speed Booster. This increases the amount of light hitting the sensor by 1 2/3 stop. It also makes the lenses wider by 0.58x. This helps reduce the crop factor of the camera, originally a 3.02x crop and now a 1.75x crop.
The shooting kit comes with the Canon 24-70mm & 70-200mm L series zoom lenses, we recommend adding the Canon L Series kit to your shooting kit.
We do also have a Nikon BMPCC Speed Booster if you would prefer this option. Please contact us if you would prefer this option.
This small, lightweight camera packs quite a punch! It’s super 16 sensor size captures 13 stops of dynamic range. It can record this information in high quality lossless CinemaDNG RAW or Apple ProRes 422.
A fantastic camera for discreet shooting or for mounting in tight spaces.
Crop Factor on our Canon Lenses:
(35mm equivalent focal length)
- 14mm F2.8 = 24.5mm F1.6
- 50mm F1.2 = 87.5mm F0.74
- 24-70mm F2.8 = 42-122mm F1.6
- 70-200mm F2.8 = 122mm-350mm F1.6
Please keep cage and screen protector on at all times to prevent damage to the BlackMagic Pocket's screen and casing.
Lens Registration required for non-Canon branded lenses
Lens registration may be required before the use of a Sigma, Tamron or Tokina zoom lens (EF mount).
Follow these simple steps and the correct maximum aperture of your zoom lens will be stored in the Metabones EF lens to E mount Speed Booster / Smart Adapter's non-volatile memory.
- Turn on your NEX camera.
- Attach your zoom lens to your NEX camera using the Metabones Speed Booster / Smart Adapter.
- Zoom your lens to the longest zoom position.
- Zoom your lens to the widest zoom position.
- Turn off the camera.
- Wait at least 5 seconds. You will hear a "tick" sound from the lens when it parks at minimum aperture. Your zoom lens' correct maximum aperture is now stored in the non-volatile memory of your Metabones Smart Adapter.
- Remove your zoom lens from the camera.
- The lens registration procedure above is NOT required for fixed-focal length lenses.
The lens registration procedure above is NOT required for most Canon lenses and some third party lenses because maximum aperture data may have already been preloaded into the Metabones Speed Booster / Smart Adapter.